If you can’t start your car or truck with this thing, you have bigger problems than a dead battery! This unit is one of the most powerful portable battery jumpers out there at 1700 peak amps. That’s almost twice as powerful as many other lower quality competitors.
This is not a “multi-purpose” unit that you will find at the local big box store. It’s not an air compressor, radio, flashlight, food processor and battery jumper. It’s only a battery jumper, although it does have a “cigarette-lighter” style socket to power other items if needed.
This is a great product, but consider this before you buy it: This model may not be for everyone. This is a professional grade item and is not intended to be used by people unfamiliar with proper battery jumping procedures. Here’s why I say this:
1. Some battery jumping devices have a feature that will alert you if you hook the jumper cables up incorrectly. This unit has no such feature.
2. Some have safety switches that remove power to the cables while you are hooking them up. This unit has no such switch.
3. Some battery jumpers have sophisticated chargers that won’t allow you to overcharge the battery. Not this one. When you plug it in to recharge it, you can’t just walk away for 2 days and let it charge. You have to monitor it during the recharging process.
4. Some battery jumpers have a set of generic lights to tell you the current state of charge of the booster box. Not this one. It has a voltmeter on the front and you need to know how to read it.
Now, none of these items is THAT big of a deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. If you aren’t familiar with how to properly jump-start a car, you may be better off with another model with more “dummy-proof” features.
One last comment: This Jump n Carry comes with a redeemable certificate for a one-time replacement unit. If (for ANY reason) this unit stops working during its lifetime, you send it back to the company with the certificate (along with $50) and they will repair or replace it, no questions asked. Not a bad deal!
Bottom Line: If you need the most power in a single-purpose jumper box, buy this one!
- Features 1700 peak amps at 12 volts
- LED indicator lets you know at a glance your battery pack power status
- 46″ heavy-duty #4 cables for easy mobility
- DC outlet to power 12 volt accessories
- One year limited warranty